CSS Electronics Downloads - Wireshark plugin
- Download Wireshark v2.4.X. We recommend v2.4.7 (the plugin is not supported for e.g. v2.6.X+)
- When installing Wireshark, make sure to include "Wireshark 1" during setup - this is required for the plugin to work
- Download the latest plugin below (v2.4)
- Add the relevant .dll file (32bit or 64bit) to your Wireshark plugins folder (e.g. 'C:\Program Files\Wireshark\plugins\2.4.10\')
We recommend checking out our guides section - and joining our newsletter.
List of files (the newest version is marked in blue):
# Change Log
All notable changes to CSS Electronics' CANvas-Wireshark plugin.
## [7.1] - 2017-11-14
- Fixed issues when loading the plugin on some PCs
## [7.0] - 2017-07-08
- Support for Wireshark v2.4
- Fixed minor issue where CLX000 log files show up as extended ID despite being standard
- In CAN Live View, the default unique ID length changed from 3 to 0
## [6.1] - 2017-06-07
- Built-in OBD2 dissector with support for converting all Mode 01 parameters (e.g. Vehicle Speed, RPM, ...) and add output to columns, plots etc.
- Support for DBC database importing to allow live conversion of CAN bus messages (incl. multi-frame)
- Support for the DBC J1939 file special case (to match only on PGN rather than full ID), to allow conversion of J1939 data live
- Support for DBC "Message View" vs. "Signal View" (allowing you to switch between showing one row per Message or one row per Signal in a DBC database)
- CAN Live View, allowing a "fixed view" to show all unique IDs and colorize changes to data bytes 0-7 - useful for CAN bus reverse engineering/sniffing
- Support for loading CLX000 log files directly into Wireshark so the above features can be used on them (e.g. DBC conversion, graphical plots, exporting, ...)