Configure your device
Below we outline how to update your device firmware and configuration.
Check for firmware updates
Before you start, we suggest that you check if a newer firmware exists. You can compare the
fw_ver in your
device.json file on the SD card vs. the latest firmware in the Docs.
MINOR updates your Configuration File needs to be updated.
Configure your CANedge
- Ensure your device is disconnected from power
- Extract the device SD card, insert it into your PC and open the config editor tool
- Load your SD card
config-XX.YY.jsonfile in the editor via the Configuration File dropdown
- Modify your config, press “Review changes” and verify your edits
- Download the Configuration File and copy/paste it to your SD card (overwrite the original file)
- Safely eject the SD card and re-insert it into your CANedge2
The new Configuration File is now loaded by your device the next time it is powered on.Online editor Offline editor
An invalid Configuration File will be defaulted by the device upon power up
The UIschema lets you toggle advanced configuration settings on/off (off by default)
|||(1, 2) The Rule Schema (|